|Epson Waste Ink Tank Reset
Procedures - TSN21
to Notes Index |
Please note that these procedures are provided "as is", without
warranty. Remember to replace or clean the waste ink pad before
re-setting. Unless specified these reset methods normally only work with
the printers listed, if you find additional models that work,
let us know.
Epson Stylus Photo 2200
1. Turn off the printer power and unplug the power cord from the wall.
Disconnect the computer interface cable at the back of the printer.
2. After one minute reattach the power plug to the wall, but don't
reattach the computer cable.
3. Hold down the ROLL and the PAPER ADVANCE buttons simultaneously.
4. Turn the printer on. after 2 blinks, all the ink lights come on, then
release the buttons being held down.
5. Press and hold the ROLL button for 10 seconds.
6. Release the ROLL button and the printer will initialize, which resets
the Waste Ink Pad Counter.
7. Once initialization is complete, turn the printer power off.
8. Reconnect the interface cable.
9. Turn the printer on and print a document.
Epson Stylus Photo 890, 1270, 1280
- Power OFF the printer for at least 20 seconds, disconnect cable from
- To enter the special setting mode, press the Maintenance
(Also called Cleaning Button) button and
the Roll Paper Button (Also called Paper Advance) while turning on the printer until the Power
indicator starts to blink, then release the buttons.
- While it is still blinking, press and hold Roll
Paper (Paper Advance) Button for 10 seconds.
- Release Roll Paper (Paper Advance) Button, counter will reset.
- Power off printer. Reconnect cable.
- Power printer back ON.
Epson Stylus Pro 4000
- While Powering up the printer, hold down the the left arrow, down
arrow, and Up arrow buttons
- You will get a “Self Testing” message.
- Use the Up Arrow button to select the “Clear Counters” menu.
- Press the right arrow button (the Menu button).
- Scroll through with the up/down arrows to select "Maint Tank"
- Select with the right arrow and execute with the right arrow
- Turn your printer off then turn it back on.
Epson Stylus Pro 7600/9600
- Power off your printer
- press PAPER SOURCE+PAPER FEED+CUT/EJECT
buttons at the same time and keep them pressed
- turn on the printer
- Release the buttons
- A hidden menu appears
- press DOWN, "CLEAR COUNTERS"
option should appear
- press RIGHT
- press UP, "MAINT TANK" should
- press RIGHT
- press ENTER (CUT/EJECT button)
- Power off printer.